Golden Spoon Stickers
Advent is the beginning of the Catholic Church’s liturgical season. During Advent, not only do we prepare for the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we should also be awake all the time, to wait for the second coming of Christ.
Our “Food for Thought Christmas Special” starts with the delectable “Golden Spoon Stickers”.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4 people
Too much turmeric and dried shrimp may mask the taste of fresh fish and shrimp.
- 100 gm each Tilapia fillet, Shrimp
- 1 piece Tofu
- 1 Egg
- 1 Medium Iceberg Lettuce
- 10 – 12 ml Dried Shrimp
- 1 tsp each Garlic Salt, White Pepper, Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 500 ml Chicken Broth (box)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- To taste Salt, sesame Oil
- 1 Dry the fish on kitchen paper, cut into pieces, then flatten with back of knife.
- 2 Devein shrimp, cut into pieces and flatten with back of knife.
- 3 Mince fish and shrimp, mix until it forms into paste.
- 4 Cut tofu into small pieces, add to paste and mix well.
- 5 Add garlic salt, white pepper, turmeric and corn starch. Mix well.
- 6 Beat egg and mix into paste.
- 7 Add dried shrimp to paste. Mix well.
- 8 Spoon paste onto oiled spoons. About 10 – 12 Spoons.
- 9 Put spoon stickers into a steamer. Steam in high heat for 5 minutes.
- 10 Turn off heat. Wait 1 minute for the half cooked spoon stickers to cool off a bit.
- 11 Wash iceberg lettuce. Shred half and put the other half aside.
- 12 In a hot pot, add cooking oil and fry the spoon stickers in medium low heat until they are fully cooked.
- 13 Place half the spoon stickers on the shredded lettuce. Add salad dressing.
- 14 Add chicken broth to a pot. Bring to boil.
- 15 Add the other half of the lettuce to the pot and blanch it for 30 seconds. Dish out and put in a medium size bowl.
- 16 Put the remaining spoon stickers into the pot. Add salt and sesame oil to the chicken broth to taste.
- 17 Pour the spoon stickers and chicken broth into the bowl with blanched lettuce.
- 18 Serve the spoon stickers two ways — on shredded lettuce with salad dressing, and in chicken broth.
Tri-Colour Baked Cauliflowers Medium size cauliflowers 3...
Blueberry Mango Puff & Garlic Bread Blueberry Mango Puff...
Asian Spiced Turkey Preparation Time: Thawing: at...
Burgundy Beef Aspic Preparation Time: 3 – 4...
Fabulous Four from Sabah Preparation Time: 10 –...